NYC Beer Week 2016
Today marks the kickoff for the 8th annual NYC Beer Week! It's absolutely amazing to think of all that's happened over these last eight years. When this began there were only a handful of NYC breweries like Kelso, Brooklyn Brewery and Sixpoint. Now the city is absolutely booming with local beers from the likes of Finback, Other Half, Threes and Third Rail; and the list just keeps getting bigger each day. There are so many incredible events scheduled. Here's a few of my picks for the week:
Saturday February 20th
Saturday February 20th
- A Taste of Hill Farmstead at Fool's Gold- So the very first event I'm really excited about just happens to be with beers from our neighbor to the northeast. Although these may not be local, the beer community is all about supporting each other so that's okay in my book. Fools Gold will have 15 taps dedicated to this amazing Vermont brewery including rarities like Madness & Solitude, Ephraim and Shirley Mae.
- Barrier/Other Half/Threes Total Tap Destruction at One Mile House- Three of the biggest names in NYC beer will be taking over the taps at One Mile House with fantastic beers like Barrier Money and Threes Superf**kingyawn. Come for the incredible local brews and stick around for the BBQ Pork Poutine and delicious Angry Bird sandwich.
Sunday February 21th
- Fried Chicken & Doughnuts brunch at The Redhead- One of the best places for fried chicken in the city is teaming up with Other Half and Underwest Doughnuts for a morning of delicious brews and fantastic food.
Monday February 22nd
- Grimm Night at St. Gambrinus- One of my favorite after work bars will be tapping Grimm's newest releases including Lambo Door, Lumen and Maple Bourbon Double Negative. It's a great opportunity to check out these popular beers and meet local Brewers Joe and Lauren Grimm in house.
Wednesday February 24th
- Brewers Choice- Dozens of great breweries from across NY state come together for an evening of beer tasting, food sampling and music. This is a great night to check out lots of NY brewers all under one roof and quite possibly the biggest and best event of NYC Beer Week. Tickets can be purchased here.
- NYC Beer Week at Haymaker Bar & Kitchen- If you can't make it out to Brooklyn for Brewers Choice another option is Haymaker in Manhattan. This new bar will be tapping rare stouts like Perennial Abraxas, Alesmith Hawaiian Speedway and one of my favorite beers from Extreme Beer Fest Finback BQEXC.
Saturday February 27th
- Peche Day at Spuyten Duyvil- Six different variations of Peche Mortel, an intense coffee stout from Montreal's famous brewery Dieu du Ciel will be showcased.
So many fantastic events to choose from it's going to be an incredible week in NYC.