It's NYC Beer Week!
The annual celebration of all things sudsy in the city began on Friday, but don't worry if you missed the weekend kickoff. There's still a ton of great events to check out. Here's my picks for the week ahead:
- Beer Sessions Radio Presents Rare Beer Week Dinner- Guest Chef Matthew Garelick will be creating a five course dinner paired with "wild" beers at Jimmy's No. 43. Courses include Pastrami Tuna with pickled plum, pumpernickel, and pomegranate mustard paired with The Bruery Oude Tart and Smoked Short Ribs with cellar vegetables, prune and dosa paired with De Dochtar Embrasse.
- Other Half Brewing Takes the Jeffrey- One of the most exciting new breweries to come out of NYC this year takes over the taps at The Jeffrey. If your a fan of IPA's you won't be disappointed in their beers, specifically the 1st Anniversary IPA and All Green Everything.
- The Bruery at Fool's Gold- Here's your chance to try out a multitude of Bruery beers before committing to the big bottle. The list includes Tart of Darkness, Rueze and Smoking Wood in addition to some special bottles from Patrick's stash.
- Barrel-Aged Sours with Perennial at Bar Great Harry- The folks from Perennial will be coming all the way from St. Louis for this event with a list that includes Abraxas, Sump and 4 Happiness, a special collaboration beer with Side Project.
- Split Thy Skull XVI- It's hard to believe this weekend long event is already going into its 16th year. Once again the list looks insane...slow and steady win the race at this one.